Monday 16 January 2012

More magazine covers

This time I decided to look at an animal magazine, as this is what I will be creating.  I think this is more like the vogue layout, made to appeal to the older, more sophisticated audience.  It has a very basic layout, and enlarged title and bits of text around the edges to give the viewer and idea on what is in the magazine, without them having to flick through.  The enlarged photograph in the background makes it appealing to the customer.


I also looked at a childrens magazine to compare the difference.  It still had the same enlarged title and enlarged photograph in the background, but there is a lot less text on the cover.  There are more photos to replace the text and there is also an animal cartoon charecter, so that the child can relate to the animal.  I also noticed that they used a photo of a cub as the background image, not a fully grown animal.  This could also be something to do with the target audience being younger. 


I think the basic layout will probably be the best layout for my magazine article, but my article will target the older audience, so there will be a little more text than photos on my cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment